Location Undroon Sighpura and Sultanpura Road, near Chowk Gahory Shah.
Police Station Gujjarpura
Owner (s) Directorate General of Archaeology, Punjab
Maintained by Directorate General of Archaeology, Punjab
History of Site/ Monument: - The site and monument known as Sher Singh’s smadh and baradari, are located in the close vicinity of shrine Hazrat Shah Bilawal, 1046 AH/1636 AD, popularly know Bilore/ Bilol Shah. This site, on the bank of the Ravi River was inhabited by the saint, who established a Khanqah (monastery) in the midst of a garden full of flowering and fruit trees and a hauz (tank). Due to the changing course of the river Ravi, part of the enclosure wall swept away. With intentions to save from the flooding Ravi, Maharaja Ranjit Singh ordered to shift the body of Shah Bilawal and buried in its present shrine. Maharaja Sher Singh, the son of Ranjit Singh, after making necessary alterations and additions used the place as one of his favorite summer houses on the bank of river Ravi. Sher Singh was killed here accidentally by a gun exploded when he was checking that.
Present Condition (Exterior & Interior):- In recent past restoration and repair works have been done to the monument resultantly site is in a good state of conservation. The monument, despite of its prominent physical existence hemmed in by modern structures all around.
Decorative motives/ important features: - At present there are no signs of any prominent architectural elements or decorative renderings, and it is simple structure of masonry work. The reason could be the death of Sher Singh after that there was complete anarchy in Sikh government.
Facilities Available: - To find the actual building one has to walk through the zigzag streets and close knit residential houses, but to reach the closest market all kinds of transport is available while other facilities are easily available at Shah Bilawal shrine.